Monday, February 23, 2009

I chose love and I am here

Watching the Academy Awards last night, I couldn't help but feel inspired and touched by the energy of the moment and the artists as they walked the red carpet, presented awards, accepted awards or looked on with smiling faces, teary eyes and an appreciation for their peers.

Special moments included:
Heath Ledger's family's acceptance of his well deserved Oscar for his role in the Dark Knight as the Joker ~ all on the behalf of his precious daughter Matilda

Kate Winslet's acceptance of her Oscar for her role in The Reader as she referred to the other leading ladies as goddesses

and the most touching for me, was the acceptance speech of A.R. Rahman, the composer from Slumdog Millionaire, where he said, "The essence of the film is about optimism and the power of hope in our lives and all my life I've had a choice of hate and love. I chose love and I'm here."

Such a powerful statement and one that can be used for every aspect of our lives, no matter your circumstances, no matter your occupation, no matter your religion, and no matter your life's goal. All of these require a path, and we all choose our paths. It is imminent when you say no to one path, that you say yes to another.

It is my goal to remember to select the path that allows me to choose love. I am not sure where it will take me, but I cannot wait to see.

xoBeau

P.S. more Oscars here

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes this is a very powerful statement and my favorite from this years Oscars